Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Who Ate My Scone

I can’t find it anywhere. I’m the only one here. Who ate my scone? It couldn’t have been me. I could not have destroyed that thing so quickly and not know it. Where is the satisfaction in that? Seriously, who ate my scone?

Okay, so it’s not on my “to eat” list. But they are so delicious that I allow myself one every now and then. Lately it’s been more now than then… but we won’t discuss that. I need to know who ate my scone?

I have this gigantic cup of never ending coffee. Freshly brewed at home. Tony fixed it for me just the way I like it. He even snuck in a scone in my lunch bag. What a wonderful treat that was to see it there. All crunchy on the outside and delicious goodness on the inside with lots of blueberries. Mmmmm! With my coffee WOW!

So, I’m here working and I am so involved with what I’m doing. My face never leaves my computer screen. My fingers are planted on the keyboard. A knock on the door brings me to reality. Person comes in, we chat a minute. Work stuff. Okay they leave, I go back to my PC, notice my coffee reach for a sip and turn to get my scone. It’s gone! Who ate my scone? There is no way I could have eaten that without knowing I ate it. Come on. Fess up! Who ate my scone???? Seriously.

I look in the trash after searching all the possible places. And there in the bottom of the can is the napkin I placed my delicious scone in. Crumpled up. Used. Not a sign of a crumb anywhere.

I ate my scone. ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment